BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport
In order to enrol onto the BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport course we ask for at least one of the following qualifications:
- BTEC Level 1 in Sport and Active Leisure
- 4 GCSEs at minimum grade D-G
- An NVQ Level 1 or Level 2 in an associated discipline
- Practical sport
- Anatomy and physiology for sport
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Lifestyle and the sports performer
- Business skills in sport
The BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport has been developed to:
- Provide education and training for sport, leisure and recreation employees.
- Give opportunities for sport, leisure and recreation employees to achieve a Level 2 vocationally specific qualification.
- Provide opportunities to develop a range of skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for working life.
- Give full-time students the opportunity to enter employment in the sport and active leisure sector or to progress to Level 3 vocational qualifications.