ESSA Academy has been a Foundation partner school since February 2018.
The Foundation works alongside staff at ESSA Academy to:
- engage year 9 boys on a programme of half-day physical activity per week through Foundation delivery programmes.
- mentor hard to reach year 10 students on a programme of a half-day of activity per week around leadership and through Foundation delivery programmes.
- provide girls only sports sessions with a long-term goal of signposting players towards school teams and clubs within the local community.
- deliver structured football sessions with a long-term goal of improving sporting performance and signposting players towards football clubs within the local community.
- provide additional activities such as holiday clubs for four weeks of the academic year.
- support with activities such as after school clubs each term.
- identify and support disengaged male students through Manchester United Foundation leadership and mentoring programmes.
- collaborate on the development and delivery of a literacy programme with the aim of improving student reading levels.
- deliver educational and sporting activities to primary schools within the local community.