BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport
In order to enrol onto the BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport course we ask for one of the following qualifications:
- BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport
- 5 GCSEs at A*- C, including Maths and English
- Maths and English at grade C or above (however, we do provide the opportunity for students to achieve this alongside their Level 3 course should they not achieve their C at high school)
- Practical team sports
- Fitness training and programming
- Sports coaching
- Practical individual sports
- Technical and tactical skills in sport
This qualification broadens and expands the specialist work-related focus of the BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma and encompasses the essential skills, knowledge and understanding needed to gain confidence and progression.
There is potential for the qualification to prepare learners for further study within education or into employment and is suitable for those who have decided to specialise in a particular area of work. It is broadly equivalent to 1.5 GCE A Levels and provides a programme of study manageable within an academic year.