BTEC Sport in Coaching, Development and Fitness
What is BTEC Sport?
The programme will allow you to develop coaching skills and offers real life work-experience opportunities within the sports industry. Over the duration of the programme you will have the opportunity to work towards the following qualifications:
- BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport & Active Leisure(1 year)
- BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport (1 year)
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport (1 year)
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport (1 year)
- FA 1st 4 Sport Certificate in Coaching Football (Levels 1 & 2)
- Sports Leaders Award in Community Sports Volunteering
How is the programme assessed?
You will be assessed continually on practical sessions throughout the duration of the programme.
Work related activities.
Activities on the course may include:
- Volunteering and work opportunities on Manchester United Foundation projects
- Workshops with guest speakers from Manchester United
- Visits to sports stadiums and participation at Manchester United events
- Option to continue playing football at a competitive level
- Pathways to International Scholarship Programmes
Where will BTEC Sport take me?
You can gain employment in a coaching role or study sports related subjects within higher education. Participation in this programme can lead to possible careers in coaching, personal training, leisure centre management, sports mentoring, armed forces and sports events management.
There are several progression routes our learners have taken over the years, including employment in a coaching role within Manchester United Foundation and overseas.There is also the opportunity to progress onto higher education, studying sport-related degree at Universities up and down the country.
To register and apply for the BTEC Sport course in partnership with Salford City College please visit: http://www.salfordcc.ac.uk/