St Cuthbert's RC High School have been a Manchester United Foundation partner school since March 2019. Through this partnership the Foundation aims to achieve the following objectives:
Implement an attendance league to:
- help to increase pupil attendance and punctuality.
- incentivise attendance through rewards and trips at the end of each term.
- maintain or exceed whole school attendance.
Deliver business enterprise and employability programmes to:
- raise aspirations of pupils.
- improve numeracy and literacy levels of pupils.
- increase self-esteem and confidence of pupils.
- raise awareness of career opportunities within a football club and wider working world.
Identify and support underachieving pupils through a mentor support programme to:
- contribute towards increasing attainment levels amongst the identified pupils.
- support students in working towards and or meeting their minimum expected grades.
- improving attendance, attitude to learning and self-esteem.
- provide 1 to 1 classroom and extra-curricular academic support.
- contribute towards reducing low level behaviour issues.
- Reduce isolation, inclusion or detention placements for mentored students.
Support with holiday provision and Manchester United school trips to:
- reward students that have a consistent improvement in attitude to learning and progress towards their minimum expected grades.
- increase volunteering opportunities for student leaders.
- access match day opportunities, Foundation and MUFC partner activations.