Match Day Lottery Terms & Conditions
All profits from Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery go directly towards funding the work of the Manchester United Foundation: Registered charity number: 1118310
Match Day Lottery Terms and Conditions 2018/19
Aims and Objectives
The Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery takes place at each Old Trafford home game for fans in hospitality suites and boxes.
The Lottery engages match day hospitality guests by offering the opportunity to win a framed Manchester United shirt or football, exclusively signed by members of the first team and the manager.
The main objective of the lottery is to raise vital funds for Manchester United Foundation’s work across Greater Manchester with underprivileged children. We are proud that 100% of the net proceeds of the lottery are gifted to the Manchester United Foundation, this is approximately 80% of the money raised from ticket sales (2016-17 figure).
About the Foundation
Manchester United Foundation uses football to engage and inspire young people to build a better life for themselves and unite the communities in which they live.
Dedicated staff deliver football coaching, educational programmes and personal development, providing young people with opportunities to change their lives for the better.
Terms and Conditions
- The Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery is licensed by the Gambling Commission for Non-Remote operation under reference 000-005128-N-304926-006.
100% of the net proceeds from the Lottery are gifted to the Manchester United Foundation. This is approximately 80% of the money raised from ticket sales (2016-17 figure) with the remainder funding staff, materials and resources.
- Only guests aged 16 and over may participate in the lottery.
- Tickets for the lottery may be purchased at £10.00 each (we judge that the maximum number of tickets any one person can purchase per lottery is 50 tickets).
- Manchester United Foundation (Trading) Limited reserves the right to refuse an entry where we have concerns relating to:
- Under-age gambling
- Problem gambling
- Suspicious Activity (Anti-fraud measures (Proceeds of Crime Act 2002))
- Payment may be made by Card (excl. Amex) or Cash (GBP/EUR).
- The Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, delay or theft of any payment or communication sent by post, direct from a bank or building society, fax or email.
- The lottery will be drawn on each match day by an independent person on the premises.
- All prize winners will be notified in person on the match day or if this is not possible, subsequently by telephone. A full Winners list will be available from Manchester United Foundation office (26 Sir Matt Busby Way, Old Trafford, Manchester M16 0RA) and on our website at www.mufoundation.org/lottery within two working days.
- Data held by the Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery is held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and will not be passed to or sold to any other person or organisation.
- The Manchester United Match Day Lottery reserves the right to amend or change any of the terms and conditions of the lottery by giving at least 30 days notice on our website.
- Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery reserves the right to reclaim prizes issued in error.
- Persons employed by the Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery, their partners or persons living in the same household are not eligible to enter the lottery.
- All lottery complaints and disputes will be dealt with in accordance with the Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery Complaints policy (available on request). Unresolved disputes will be referred to the Independent Betting Arbitration Service.
- Any individual who engages with the lottery who wishes to make a complaint should first speak to the Match Day Lottery Seller.
- If the matter is not resolved at Stage 1 then the individual should contact James Lester, Fundraising Manager & Lottery Manager at Manchester United Foundation, Tel: 0161 868 8444 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Lottery Manager may require the complaint to be submitted in writing.
- We hope that any complaints can be resolved, however if this is not possible then the complaint would have to go to the third party arbitration service IBAS: Independent Betting Adjudication Service, PO Box 62639, London EC3P 3AS. Tel: 020 7347 5883 Email: email@example.com
- A Self Exclusion policy exists and guests may self-exclude themselves from the lottery for a minimum period of six months by giving notice in writing. Further support can be found on the "GamCare” website www.gamcare.org.uk
- The Manchester United Foundation Match Day Lottery is committed to promoting socially responsible gambling. We contribute to the Responsible Gambling Trust which carries out research into the prevention and treatment of problem gambling, public education on the risks of gambling and the identification and treatment of problem gamblers.
- Guests requiring further information concerning the operation of the lottery may contact the Licencee: Gill Rouch on telephone number 0161 868 8957 (firstname.lastname@example.org).