Data Protection Officer
Manchester United Foundation
26 Sir Matt Busby Way
Information we collect and what we use it for
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes:
- to administer our delivery projects and education programmes.
- to monitor and evaluate the impact of our work in communities around the globe.
- to provide the best possible care for you or your child when taking part in Manchester United Foundation activities or events.
- to administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- to enable us to administer any competitions or other offers/promotions which you enter into
- to communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable.
- for fraud screening and prevention purposes
- for record keeping purposes
- to carry out market research so that we can improve the products and services we offer
- to create an individual profile for you so that we can understand and respect your preferences
- to personalise and/ tailor any communications that we send you
- for profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you consent to receive from us
When we provide you with products or services we collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address, and telephone number. We also record details of any disability or health needs you might have at the time of booking a Foundation event or activity taking place at Old Trafford or any of our other premises to help to ensure your comfort and safety.
When you register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and use it to personalise your experience with Manchester United Foundation, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling, statistical analysis and market research.
Disclosure of your information
In order to provide our products, services and activities to you or to otherwise fulfil contractual arrangements that we have with you, we need to appoint other organisations to carry out some of the data processing activities on our behalf. These include, for example, payment processing organisations, delivery organisations, fraud prevention and screening companies.
In all instances where we disclose your information to third parties, we will ensure that your information is appropriately protected.
Security of information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have security procedures in place to protect our paper based systems and computerised databases from loss and misuse, and only allow access to them when it is absolutely necessary to do so, and then under strict guidelines as to what use is made of the personal information contained within them, this includes the sharing of pupil information with our partner schools and education providers
Where a password is required to access certain areas of our digital platforms, you are responsible for keeping your password secure and confidential. Please do not share or
disclose your password to any other person.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in our premises which are open to the public.
Participants aged under 18
If you are under 18, you can only take part in our activities or access our services if your parent or legal guardian has first given us consent that you are allowed to do so.
Even if your parent or legal guardian gives their consent to your registration, if you are under 18 we still expect you to tell them and get their agreement in advance each time before you:
• email us, or ask us to email anything to you;
• send any information to us;
• enter any competition or game that requires information about you or offers a prize;
• attend any session or activity hosted by Manchester United Foundation;
For so long as you are under 18 we will not send you any marketing communications, allow you to access any of our digital platform message boards, or share your details with our MU commercial partners. However, if you have registered to take part in a Manchester United Foundation activity, or access our services from us then we will contact you about this.
More about your information - your rights
You can correct or update your personal information at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address, date of birth and email address when you contact us as this helps us to ensure that we accept amendments only from the correct person. We encourage you to promptly update your personal information if it changes.
We will securely retain your information for as long as is reasonably necessary and in accordance with applicable law. If you wish to submit a request that your data be deleted, please write to us at the above address. You have the right to receive a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Please write to us at the address above if you wish to exercise this right.
Where to make a complaint
Information Commissioner's Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/