No prior knowledge, understanding or qualifications are required in order to enrol onto this BTEC course. We simply ask that students are punctual, organised and motivated to achieve a career in sport, and demonstrate a passion for Sport and Active Leisure.
- Taking part in sport
- Assisting a leader of sports or active leisure activities to plan and deliver an activity
- Planning your own fitness programme
- How the body works
The BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure gives students the opportunity to:
- Engage in relevant learning and provide opportunities to develop sporting skills and techniques, personal skills and attributes essential for working life.
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 1 vocationally related qualification.
- Progress towards employment in Sport and Active Leisure.
- Progress towards related or vocational qualifications (i.e. BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Sport, BTEC Level 3 in Sport and BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport).