Between 9th and 19th May, fans will be able to bid in an online auction for a child to walk out with the United team as mascot, or to be a ball boy or girl at the charity match. Bids for these auction items can be placed from 6pm on Thursday 9th May at the Foundation's eBay page. All proceeds from the auction will go to the Manchester United Foundation, to fund projects that help young people in disadvantaged areas of Greater Manchester.
James Lester, fundraiser for the Foundation said: “We are thrilled to be able to offer young fans the chance to live out their dream at such an exciting event. This is an opportunity that doesn’t come along very often and it is a fantastic way to raise money for the Foundation.”
The lucky mascots will accompany United and Real Madrid heroes such as Edwin van der Sar, Denis Irwin, Jaap Stam, Andy Cole, Teddy Sheringham, Dwight Yorke, Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo and Ruud van Nistelrooy, as they walk out onto the pitch ahead of the game.
Ball boy/girl duties include sitting pitch-side and putting the ball back into play if it leaves the pitch. Full briefing will be given ahead of the match. Each child will also receive branded clothing and match tickets.
Red Heart United will provide a full day of entertainment for the crowds at Old Trafford on Sunday 2nd June. Following a music concert on the pitch from chart-topping artists JLS, plus Amelia Lily and Tinchy Stryder, United and Real Madrid veterans will go head to head in a highly anticipated fixture, that will bring some of the greatest names in world football back to Old Trafford. There will also be English and Spanish themed activities around the stadium, all promising to provide a fun-filled family day out to remember.
Tickets for the event are on sale and are available by visiting manutd.com/legendsareback or calling 0161 868 8000 and selecting option 9.
Terms and conditions
• There are 22 mascots in total, five are available for auction, each auction is for one mascot.
• The child must be aged 7-14.
• Minimum bid is set for £300.
• The Manchester United mascot and their family will receive four complimentary match day tickets for the match at which the child is the mascot. This includes the seat for the mascot. The tickets will be issued by the mascot coordinator. This does not including parking. If additional children are attending they must be supervised by an appropriate adult at all times and will be required to take to their seats once the mascot, who must also be accompanied by an appropriate adult, has entered the tunnel.
• A consent form and passport photo must be completed and returned by a parent/guardian before the 15th May 2013.
• Parents and/or guardians must be aware that there may be a high level of noise at the event. Children who are not able to tolerate a high level of noise should not be put forward to be a mascot.
• Every endeavor will be taken to try and accommodate requests for autographs. It cannot always be guaranteed and must only be asked for by the mascot and not the accompanying family.
• The mascot must have the capability to walk the full length of the football pitch.
• The mascot must arrive no later than 60 minutes prior to kick-off at the designated point.
• We cannot specify which player your child will accompany ahead of the game.
• The mascot is required to provide their own football boots or trainers. There are male and female facilities to change on site. If any support to change into the kit is required this must be given by the accompanying adult and not Manchester United staff.
• The mascot place and tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.
• There are 14 ball boys/girls in total, 10 are available for auction, each auction is for one ball boy/girl.
• The child must be aged 14-16.
• Minimum bid is set for £200.
• The Manchester United ball boy/girl and their family will receive two complimentary match day tickets for the match. This does not including parking.
• Parents and/or guardians must be aware that there may be a high level of noise at the event. Children who are not able to tolerate a high level of noise should not be put forward to be a ball boy/girl.
• A consent form must be completed and returned by the parent/guardian before the 15th May 2013.
• The ball boy/girl must have the capability to promptly retrieve balls and return them to the pitch. This may involve jumping over barriers up to 1m high.
• The ball boy/girl must arrive no later than 60 minutes prior to kick off at the designated point.
• The ball boy/girl is required to provide their own trainers. There are male and female facilities to change on site. If any support to change into the kit is required this must be given by the accompanying adult and not Manchester United staff.
• The ball boy/girl place and tickets are non-transferable and non-refundable.