20 fans will get the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of a community in India as they join legends David May and Andy Ritchie to build a sports facility at the Nirvana School in Kottakuppam, near Pondicherry, located on the South Eastern coast of India.
This community challenge provides an exciting opportunity for individuals and teams to travel and work closely with people of another culture and to make a real difference in their lives.
And as with last year’s incredibly successful Sahara Trek, we will do this the Manchester United way:
• As well as the satisfaction of building a sports arena and helping a community you will be in the company of legends David May and Andy Ritchie.
• MUTV will film the entire experience with presenter Mandy Henry sending regular reports back to the UK
• At the end of the week a mini-sports event will be organised where you will compete together with local children in various sports.
• On your return to the UK you will be introduced to the crowd at a home game at the world famous Old Trafford Stadium
• To provide a lasting legacy, the Foundation will train teaching staff in football coaching and delivery to ensure there is a lasting impact on the whole community for years to come.
The challenge takes place from 15th - 24th October 2010. To take part in this amazing experience you will need to raise a minimum of.£3,500; you can do this by fundraising and sponsorship or you can pay the full amount yourself. This will cover all of your accommodation, travel and build equipment and will raise money for the Manchester United Foundation and its work in the community.
This will be a truly rewarding project on many levels, which will enhance the children’s sports skills and future opportunities and leave a lasting legacy.
Places on the challenge are limited so early booking is recommended. For more information or to book please follow this link or email email@example.com.