This is no ordinary charity challenge, not only will you be given the chance to uncover the epic views and fascinating communities of the Sahara Desert, which lie hidden from the gaze of Moroccan tourism. You will be given the chance to do it the Manchester United way.
- Your preparation begins with a trip to the Club’s state-of-the-art training facilities at Carrington for a consultation with a fitness adviser prior to the trek, where you will be assessed and advised on the best preparation for your challenge.
- Your companions as you trek across the Sahara will include none other than Manchester United legends Denis Irwin and Andy Ritchie.
- The Club’s official television station, MUTV, will record the entire trek with presenter Mandy Henry leading the way and reporting back to the UK with regular updates on your progress.
- After you have completed your trek you will be welcomed at a home game at the world famous Old Trafford stadium, where you will be introduced as heroes to the home crowd.
- Find out more about your itinerary by following this link.
To take part in this amazing challenge will need to raise a minimum of £3200; you can do this by fundraising and sponsorship or you can pay the amount yourself. This will cover all of your accommodation, travel and support and will raise money for the Manchester United Foundation and its work in the community.
The challenge takes place between 13th and 20th November 2009. Places are limited and are available on a first-come first-served basis. To register your interest please contact Gillian Mitchell at email@example.com or follow the link below to secure your place.
Follow this link to secure your place on the MU Foundation Sahara Challenge 2009.