Francis House Children’s Hospice offers the families of terminally ill children and young people a respite from their role as carers and gives their children a loving home from home. The patients are all suffering from illnesses for which there is no known cure. Whilst medical science can offer the necessary relief, Francis House gives support, comfort and care in the form of:
- Skilled nursing for children in a homely, happy and secure place
- An essential break for parents and for the rest of their families
- Friendship, encouragement and relief, enabling the whole family to return home refreshed
- A flexible service to suit the needs of the family, including home support and bereavement care
- A lifeline by just being available day or night
The Francis House and Manchester United partnership project funds the employment of a team of Home Care nurses who provide an outreach care service for children with terminal and life-limiting illnesses so that the hospice can extend its fantastic service into the community, touching many more people’s lives.